SPILL RESPONSE GUIDE:
All laboratories are required to have:
- A written, laboratory specific emergency plan.
- Materials to adequately contain and clean up a spill.
- Documented laboratory specific training in spill response for all personnel. The responsibility for assuring this training is performed rests with the Principal Investigator. If requested, EH&S will assist in devising a training curriculum which will meet all regulatory requirements.
Emergency telephone numbers:
- Fire Department - 911
- Medical Emergency - 911
- Ambulance - 911
- Poison Control Center - 1-800-3-POISON (1-800-376-4766)
- Environmental Health and Safety - 575-5448 (During Work Hours) 575-2222 or 911 (After Work Hours)
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Coordinator (Wayne Brashear) - 479-263-1622
- Chemical Hygiene Officer (Rick Williams) - 479-575-2161
- Lab Safety Compliance Coordinator, (John David Dixon) - 479-575-5336
- Biological Safety Officer (Jim Hogan) - 479-575-3533
- Radiation Safety Officer (Peter Chowdhury) - 479-575-3379
- Radiation Safety Supervisor (J.D. Farrel): (479)575-7916